Choose iTunes Billing?

Options
danverbs
danverbs
Community Member

Hey
Love where the Families feature is headed - I've signed up and will be tinkering around a bit later when I'm at home.

I have a question around billing though...

I'm now in a place where I need to set up and share passwords and documents etc with the other half so I'm looking at different options and I've used 1P for years so am trying out Families.

Are there any plans to introduce billing via iTunes? We have various subscriptions going through iTunes - the regular discount offers make it so much better value for money!

It would definitely make me more willing to stay with 1P than moving to another competitor (not mentioning names!)

Thanks guys!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

It's better for customers (because of regular discounts on iTunes gift cards), but worse for AgileBits I guess, as Apple gets 30% of your In-App Purchase: https://developer.apple.com/in-app-purchase/ (which is probably much more than Stripe will get)

• danverbs
    danverbs
    Community Member
    Options

All good points.
    I'm aware of the 30% cut Apple get I just thought I'd put the question out there (selfishly as I have quite a bit of credit built up!)

Thanks for responses though :)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi folks,

All great points. At present we are only planning to accept the major credit cards which Stripe processes, which I believe are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club. We may re-evaluate other payment processing options in the future if there is enough demand (and the trade-off isn't too high).

Love where the Families feature is headed

Thanks for the kind words!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.