This add-on could not be downloaded because of connection failure on FF 44 MAC

esdrasvera
esdrasvera
Community Member

I have seen this error reported but for windows... Having the issue with mac. I have stopped norton, adguard, etc. and still get the same error

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/installing-extensions, kb-search:extension could not be downloaded connection error?, ug:mac/requirements, kb-search:firefox, kb:v3-extension-firefox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @esdrasvera,

I'm sorry you keep getting an error when trying to install the 1Password extension in Firefox!

We often see this happen when certain anti-virus apps or extension are installed, but if you've already disabled those on your Mac, I'm not sure why it would still give you that error. When you click the big green "Install" button, it should take you to a page that says "Your download will begin automatically within a few seconds." There should also be a link to download it from an alternate location in case there's a problem. Do you see that page when you try to download the extension? If so, please click on the alternate download link to see if that helps.

If you don't see that page, or if the alternate download link gives the same error message, you can try downloading the Firefox extension from a different browser and then install it in Firefox:

• Open the following link in Safari: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the link for Show all extensions.
    • Click the Install button for Firefox in order to download the extension.
    • Find the downloaded extension in your Downloads folder and drag it into a Firefox window.
    • Firefox should ask if you want to install the extension - click Install.

If you have trouble dragging the extension into a Firefox window, you can double-click the .xpi file that you downloaded. It should give you the option to Choose Application, and when you click that, a dialog will open so you can pick Firefox (if Firefox is grayed out, change the "Enable" popup menu to All Applications, and then you'll be able to choose Firefox).

Does that help? Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• jason_mog
    jason_mog
    Community Member

I experienced this problem on Mac OS X 10 with Firefox 48. I followed the the tip from Drew_AG and it worked for me. Thanks. The error message from Firefox is not very helpful.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jason_mog

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble, but I'm glad that Drew's answer just did the trick for you! If you have any other questions or bump into trouble again, we're always here to help you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.