No Sync option in preferences / 1password for teams

Pruchol
Pruchol
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Mac

Hi When I bought 1password for teams and i try to sync my iMac using the "sync" option in 1Password preferences, there is no option at all (no sync category). I've read on your forum that this is because I downloaded 1password from the agilebits site and not from iTunes. So, what do I do now? How do I get the "sync" option in preferences?
Thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/lLRah5W.png

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Pruchol,

Thanks for writing in. Sounds like what you want to do is to add the Team under Preferences > Teams. Preferences > Sync only applies to non-Teams (Local) vaults.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• reddotster
    reddotster
    Community Member

I'm having this same problem.

• Hi @reddotster

Did you see Rick's reply above?

1Password account do not have sync options. Only standalone vaults have sync options.

Ben

• dsstillman
    dsstillman
    Community Member

Same problem here. I guess I don't understand the difference in terminology between a standard 1Password account and a "standalone vault."

• @dsstillman,

The difference is:

A 1Password account is always syncing to the Agilebits servers and it doesn't require any additional setup to make that happen.

A standalone vault is one that is only on your local machine unless you decide to sync with other devices using Dropbox, iCloud, folder sync or the WLAN Server (local network sync). It typically requires additional setup steps or software be installed in order to actually sync your data among your devices.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.