Flagged for Moderator Approval

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Lounge

This is the first time in the nearly two years that I've been posting here that it has occurred to me. I would like to know if there is a reason for it, like perhaps having posted too frequently too soon, if that is a valid reason, or for some other reason?

Thanks.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

I don't see any flags or warnings on your account, so it doesn't appear to be something that we've done. It is possible that the forum software we're using has "flood" control and posting multiple messages in quick succession will trigger the need to have your posts reviewed.

Thanks.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

There's no prior record of my posting if it doesn't appear and I have forgotten what I have posted!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

@wkleem: Hmm. I'm not sure if Ben misunderstood, or if I am.

Just to clarify, are you saying that one of your posts was flagged now (which I believe is what Ben thought), in the past, or are you simply asking hypothetically about how it works?

I'm not sure that any of us understand exactly how the filtering is done (since it's 3rd party forum software), but as Ben mentioned above there are certain things (especially on new accounts) that will trigger moderation. I'm also not sure that we'd enumerate all of that publicly anyway, since it might help someone "game" the system. But the truth is it's pretty complex and we didn't create it.

And to be clear, even if a post of yours is flagged and you can't see it, we can as moderators.

Be sure to let us know if we've misunderstood, or if you have any other questions! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I was certain I saw, before my text vanished, that my post was "waiting for moderation".

I would not want anyone else to take advantage of the system,

Quite strange.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ahaaa! Okay, that makes sense. I bet you did see it! It sounds like it was flagged briefly (put in the queue while being scanned by the system). That's what always happens, and usually too fast for anyone to notice. Since it didn't trigger anything, it was released automatically. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I will report back if or when the post in question reappears. It's currently MIA.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Found it! :chuffed:

I suspect you got flagged since it was two duplicate posts with a URL (common for spam). I split it into a new discussion. Sorry for the confusion there! I knew that comments don't just disappear, so I went and did some more digging and found it after all. Thanks for clearing that it was still missing! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Yup @brenty,

Those are the ones! :) I still don't understand why the duplication happens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, there are just so many factors involved (browser, connection, forum software, etc.) so it's hard to say. Be sure to reach out if you run into any more issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.