Import for teams?

Options
kbarger
kbarger
Community Member

Maybe I've missed something... is there, or will there be, an import feature for Teams? It would be very handy. All the instructions I've found only refer to the desktop versions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @kbarger! There is indeed a way to import things. At the moment, it's limited to the native apps, specifically iOS and Mac, and our Windows 10 beta. We're adding it to the others in the future. Our Migrate to a Family or Team account article has the full steps to get your existing 1Password data moved over on those platforms. If you're looking to import your data from other password managers first, just follow our Import data from other applications guide. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

• kbarger
    kbarger
    Community Member
    Options

So, if I understand, I'd need to import my existing stuff into the standalone 1Password for windows, and then that vault can be imported with the Windows 10 app?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

@kbarger: Not at all! The 1Password for Windows 10 beta app can access any 1Password for Teams/Families accounts you have, and also vaults stored in Dropbox. So you can setup both in the app, and then copy your data from your old vault(s) to the new one(s). I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• Elimadmin
    Elimadmin
    Community Member
    Options

I still don't get it. I have installed Windows 10 and downloaded the 1password app. But when I try to open it, 1password 4 opens. I can't see a way to get into my teams account from there. Help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Elimadmin: They are definitely very different (and separate apps). It sounds like you may simply need to search for "1Password beta" in the Start menu and add a shortcut to the task bar. This isn't something that Windows Store apps can do automatically, so it will be "hidden" among all of your installed apps unless you add it yourself.

Conversely, you probably have a 1Password for Windows desktop app icon already, which would explain why you're able to open it so easily. Also, if you open the Windows Store and search for 1Password there, if the app is already installed, there will be a button to open it. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Elimadmin
    Elimadmin
    Community Member
    Options

Once I rebooted my computer I was able to get both 1Password for Windows AND the 1Password beta app opened. Now I'm wondering how the app works with the Chrome extension. It seems that it is still getting the desktop vault not the team vault.

• Elimadmin
    Elimadmin
    Community Member
    Options

I can see how to copy data from my iPhone into the new vaults in Team (one by one) but I don't see how to do it on my desktop.

• Elimadmin
    Elimadmin
    Community Member
    Options

Finally found it under "join a team/add vaults" then "sign into dropbox". Hard to find!

• Elimadmin
    Elimadmin
    Community Member
    Options

Got the dropbox vault into the app but I can't edit, delete, move or copy the logins.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Once I rebooted my computer I was able to get both 1Password for Windows AND the 1Password beta app opened.

@Elimadmin: Great! Thanks of the update! :)

Now I'm wondering how the app works with the Chrome extension. It seems that it is still getting the desktop vault not the team vault.
    I can see how to copy data from my iPhone into the new vaults in Team (one by one) but I don't see how to do it on my desktop.

Sorry for the confusion! The 1Password for Windows 10 beta app, like others from the Windows Store, cannot integrate with other apps, like Chrome. The browser extensions work with the 1Password for Windows desktop app, but it does not yet support 1Password for Teams — which is why you're just seeing the Dropbox vault there.

Finally found it under "join a team/add vaults" then "sign into dropbox". Hard to find!

Sorry about that! We're still improving the beta app. Thanks for the feedback! :chuffed:

Got the dropbox vault into the app but I can't edit, delete, move or copy the logins.

Though it can read Dropbox vaults, the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app can currently edit only 1Password for Teams/Families vaults. If you'd like to edit the vault stored in Dropbox, you can use the 1Password for Windows desktop app (which will also work with Chrome).

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• Elimadmin
    Elimadmin
    Community Member
    Options

I moved some of my logins over to teams but now how do I use them when I am logging into a website? This really doesn't seem like it is all set up yet or am I missing something?

• Jacob
    Options

@Elimadmin Thanks for the update! As brenty mentioned, on Windows you'll need to simply copy and paste things to use them. We're hoping to add Teams support to the browser extension soon so you can fill things, but it's still a ways out. If you'd like to fill things, I'd recommend using the standard version of 1Password in the meantime. :)

• Elimadmin
    Elimadmin
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I think I will just continue to use the standard version for now.

• Jacob
    Options

Sounds good. :) Hopefully we'll have some Windows goodies for you soon.

• pgporada
    pgporada
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a timeline for this? I've got about 50 people that will need to import passwords into our team. If I can avoid a laptop party, that would be fantastic.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pgporada: We don't have a release date for an update supporting legacy Windows versions, but we're working on the next version of the 1Password for Windows desktop app. And as I mentioned above, if you're using Windows 10 the 1Password beta app (in the Windows Store) will already allow you to import data from existing vaults into 1Password for Teams. :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.