Can TOTPs be auto-filled into login forms along with conventional usernames and passwords?

MikeTRose
MikeTRose
Community Member

I'd love to be able to have my one-time password autofilled into a login form along with my regular username and static password, but I can't figure out if that's supported or not. Chrome, Mac.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:save-login-manually, kb:fix-website-login, kb:dropbox-2fa, kb:tumblr-2fa, kb:slack-2fa

Comments

• Hey @MikeTRose! Good question. Right now, filling is only supported with usernames and passwords, credit cards, and identities, but we've had some requests for TOTP in the past so I'd be happy to add your vote. :) Thanks for the feedback.

ref: OPX-758

• festus777
    festus777
    Community Member

Please add my vote for this feature also

• @festus777,

Thanks for your feedback.

Rudy

• emerson
    emerson
    Community Member

Yet another upvote from me. It seems like a strange omission given 1Password's support for TOTP.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@emerson: Strange perhaps, until you consider that all sites handle this differently. Most, in my experience, have this on a second page in a password field, and regardless 1Password would have to have some way of recognizing this particular field to be able to fill the correct information there in the first place. This is the same problem we're continually working on with regard to filling more traditional usernames and passwords. Since there is no one-size-fits-all solution to filling those across millions of sites which are coded differently, yet that's by far what the vast majority of people use 1Password for, that's where our focus is currently.

That said, we've been experimenting with a beta feature that automatically copies the TOTP code to the clipboard when filling, which I've found incredibly convenient. If you think that might be useful to you as well, you can always opt-in to the beta to check it out in a new release once it's available.

ref: OPM-3930

This discussion has been closed.