Children without email addresses

Options
opiecras
opiecras
Community Member

I would like to set my daughter up with her own vault to save her school program passwords, mindcraft, etc. However, she is too young to have her own email account. How do I "invite" someone without an email?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @opiecras.

Great question! For that case, you can simply send an invitation to an email address of your own. You can't have two people with the same email address on the same team, though, so if you only have one email address, you might need to create a new one.

On the other hand, if you use a service like Gmail, you can use the same email address again by adding a plus sign and more text. For example, Gmail treats both "jim@gmail.com" and "jim+lucy@gmail.com" as "jim@gmail.com", so if you have a 1Password account under "jim@gmail.com" already, you could invite "jim+lucy@gmail.com" -- it would work just fine, and you'd still get the email.

Hope that helps!

• opiecras
    opiecras
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Sounds like a great solution

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Rob, you are most welcome! I'll also say that you can of course setup an email address expressly for each child, and then keep the login saved in your own vault until such time as you turn it over to them once they've grown (if they want it, of course!)

It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.