convert Mac App Store license to AgileBits Store license

SimonLi
SimonLi
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Mac

Hi,

I don't want to install 2 separate 1Password on my Mac. Is it possible for me to convert my Mac App Store license to the standalone 1Password license?

Regards,
Simon

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:switch-from-mac-app-store

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SimonLi,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question! If I understand, it sounds like you first bought 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, then at some point decided to switch to the AgileBits Store version. Is that correct?

If so, you don't need to keep the Mac App Store version installed. When you install the AgileBits Store version, it detects that the Mac App Store version is (or was previously) installed on your Mac and will automatically activate itself. You can simply drag the Mac App Store version to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools when you do that).

Of course, if you need to install 1Password on another Mac, that would require you to download it from the Mac App Store first, and then download it from our own website. Is that what you're trying to avoid? If so, we can definitely help you out - just send us a copy or screenshot of the email receipt you received from Apple when you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, and we'll be happy to create a license for you for the AgileBits Store version.

Just email that to support+licenses@agilebits.com and also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots". Once you've sent the email, feel free to reply here with the Support ID number you receive in the automated reply from our BitBot assistant, and we'll be able to track down your email to make sure you hear back from someone as soon as possible. Thanks! :)

• SimonLi
    SimonLi
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have sent my receipt to the support email.

Regards,
    Simon

• Perfect. Someone should get back to you shortly.

Rick

• twilsonco
    twilsonco
    Community Member

Hey Guys,

A bit late, but I just sent an email with proof of my Mac App Store purchase. Hoping I can get a transferred license.

Thanks,
    Tim

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@twilsonco: Better late than never! However, I'm not seeing a new email from this address. Did you perhaps send it from another? Just post the Support ID you received here, and we'll take care of you. Thanks in advance! :)

• twilsonco
    twilsonco
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

The support ID would be HVL-21327-165.

Thanks,

Tim

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@twilsonco: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: HVL-21327-165

This discussion has been closed.