Feature Parity between Mac and Web?

Options

Hello, I'm using 1Password for teams on my Linux machine (using the web based app). I'm trying to create various items in a vault, and noticed that many features are not present at all, i.e. 2FA tokens, the ability to create new fields, linking documents to logins, etc.

Are these features buried somewhere in the web app, are they in the works, or is the web app always going to be a second-class citizen to the mac app?

1Password Version: Web
Extension Version: none
OS Version: Arch Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

@cadecairos: Hmm. I'm able to access my TOTP codes in the 1Password for Teams web interface. I wonder if it's a browser compatibility issue. Which browser/version are you using?

Custom section/field editing was added earlier this evening, but linking items is not possible in the web interface currently. As for "second class citizen", web apps are limited in what they can do (never mind that 1Password for Mac has a huge head start) so it may never be as powerful, but we'll continue to work to make it the best it can be — which I think is evident by the fact that you got one of your wishes granted today already! ;)

• cadecairos
    cadecairos
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies for coming across the way I did, I was very frustrated when I wrote my post. I'm glad to see custom fields have gone live on the web version, thanks!

I too, can see TOTP codes, but I can't create them for new logins which is really killing my workflow :( - I have to use Chrome to access 1password (no document support for Firefox, #sadness), should TOTP field creation be possible in the web version?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @cadecairos,

no document support for Firefox, #sadness

Documents are now supported in Firefox as well. This was added along with the custom field/section changes yesterday. :)

should TOTP field creation be possible in the web version?

Not at the moment, but it is planned for the future.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cadecairos: No worries. I'm sorry I misunderstood that you were talking about creating the TOTP fields in the web app. While I mainly use the web app in a pinch to access my 1Password data, having the option to add a TOTP to an item (among other editing) would be useful not only to you on Linux, but to myself and others as well. As Jasper intimated, that's definitely the direction we want to continue moving. :chuffed:

• cadecairos
    cadecairos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP

Documents are now supported in Firefox as well. This was added along with the custom field/section changes yesterday.

This is awsome! Does that include linking documents to other entries?

I look forward to TOTP field creation being implemented, as it's really the last feature stopping me from being able to use 1Password effectively in my job.

I don't suppose there's any way to install the beta windows version that supports Teams on Linux using wine? It seems to be only distributed through the Windows store, and it basically blocks me from downloading :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is awsome! Does that include linking documents to other entries?

@cadecairos: You'll be able to view the Related Items in the item details, but it isn't currently possible to manage linking in the web interface.

I look forward to TOTP field creation being implemented, as it's really the last feature stopping me from being able to use 1Password effectively in my job.

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully we'll be able to add that soon.

I don't suppose there's any way to install the beta windows version that supports Teams on Linux using wine? It seems to be only distributed through the Windows store, and it basically blocks me from downloading :(

Oh wow. That's an interesting point I hadn't considered. While the desktop app can be run under Wine, I don't know of any way to get a UWP app from the Windows Store to work that way. I suspect that Wine wouldn't be able to do it even if you could get around the store issue, given that UWP is so new. Wine does a great job with many traditional Windows apps since they've been around for so long and they could reverse-engineer it, but UWP is relatively young still.

I don't believe it's even allowed to offer a standalone download for UWP apps, but it's certainly something we could consider if that changed in the future. Microsoft seems much more open than they were in the past, so there may be hope there. :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.