How do I get my company's ajax submitted registration form to trigger 1Password? Login form?

Options

Our company website (https://www.aspsys.com) has a registration and login form in separate and distinct forms and Twitter Bootstrap Modals that are submitted via ajax. It doesn't trigger the save password dialogue. Similarly the password reset has a token and uses this form: https://www.aspsys.com/servers/pc/resetpassword.asp

Thanks,

Brian

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 5.4.5.90 (google chrome)
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I get my company's ajax submitted registration form to trigger 1Password? Login form?

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Brian (@brian_aspen). Thanks for your post. We haven't always had this kind of relationship with web developers, so it's not something we take for granted. It really means a lot to have you stop by to ask us how to get your site and 1Password playing nice together.

So, there are a couple things going on with your form. First, I'll say that autosave fires for me just fine when I press return in the password field. So, that's good news.

Second, we recently improved our autosave click event handler to better handle a situation that your form exhibits, which is when the Login button is not a direct descendant of the form element. You said you have version "5.4.5.90", but this version doesn't exist yet so I'm wondering if you mean 4.5.4.90. This version has this fix in place, so you're good on that front.

It seems the last bit of the puzzle is to change the <button> element that the user clicks to log in to <button type="submit"> rather than its current <button type="button">. When I make this change in the markup and then click on Login, autosave triggers just fine for me.

Could you give that a try and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.