Form Filling NO JOY @ https://store.ergonis.com

Options

Hi there,

Form filling not working at the Ergonis store (makers of the super-cool KeyQue):

https://store.ergonis.com

Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.4.3 (443000)
Extension Version: 4.5.4
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markballou,

Thanks for letting us know! We'll check it out and see what we can do there. :+1: Cheers!
    ref: OPX-894

• markballou
    markballou
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

BTW, I meant, "…the super-cool KeyCue…"

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, noted! ;)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markballou,

While we do have a bug report it's for a very specific issue and I'm wondering if you're reporting something more general.

You've already told us the version of 1Password and the extension, could you say what browser you've tried and what isn't filling please. The last question might seem odd but when sometimes we get reports where form filling isn't working means a particular field or some people mean nothing fills. The more you can say about what happens the better it will help us reproduce the issue and as long as we can do that we're in with a fighting chance at fixing it :smile:

• markballou
    markballou
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I thought I provided that info… Safari Version 9.0.3 (9537.86.4.4). In the Checkout Cart from the URL provided, which is for payment for one of their pieces of software, NONE of the forms fill.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @markballou,

The image that you supplied, is this after you've attempted to fill or just a representation of what was filled? I know, a bit of an odd question but there's a reason for it. Here is what I see.

Now the reason I'm seeing this is troubling because the quantity has been altered and that is forcing an update of the page. In fact to test my hypothesis I removed the birthdate from my test Identity item. It stopped altering the quantity and filled all the fields correctly.

Attempting to fill the country drop down menu also causes the page to reload and as a result certain fields aren't being filled because the get lost in the page reload.

So there's work to be done here and it doesn't relate to the other bug report we have. I'm glad I decided to ask questions.

So there is some bad news though. Much has changed since 1Password 4 for Mac and development on 1Password 4 for Mac ceased with the release of 1Password 5 and since then 1Password 6 for Mac. There might be alterations we can make in the extension but the mechanics of how we fill have changed drastically and improvements are all focussed on the current version.

I would expect after I've submitted a number of bug reports relating to this site that 1Password 6 for Mac will behave significantly better as it will benefit from the improved filling logic that will no doubt eventually occur as a result of the bug reports. I hope we can do something for 1Password 4 for Mac users too, especially as the the filling is mistaking the quantity field for a date of birth as that is bad and we certainly don't want any of our users ordering 30 copies of a program when they only want one.

So I'll be curious to know if you see the image like I'm seeing at all and whether your Identity item has a date of birth stored in it. If it doesn't you may not have been affected by the first bug but if that's the case then some fields should have filled.

ref: OPX-1142

• markballou
    markballou
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yes, the image that I sent was just reference to clarify the particular page that I had trouble with. Your image accurately reflects what the page looked like after I attempted to fill it with my identity. Attached is a screen shot. The item amount was bumped up to 12 after the autofill. My birthdate is the 12th (day). I have my birthday configured in my identity.

I tried adjusting the country drop down manually. After that, the form filler worked partly, however it was applying my first name to the last name field, the country to the state field, my phone number to both the phone field AND the FAX field, and the quantity ordered was again forced to 12.

I would LOVE to upgrade to the latest version of 1P, but I am still running Mavericks and it is not supported.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, @markballou. I'm sorry to say that our development is focused on improving our form filling in our current implementation and we won't be revisiting the legacy filling that's affecting you. Much has changed since 1Password 4 and while our extension still has the legacy code needed to support 1Password 4 filling, it is frozen in time and won't be seeing any further updates. From a quick test, I can see we have plenty of work to do to support this page in our latest code, but at very least the latest code did not fill in the quantity field! We will take a look at supporting this page more fully, but it will be in our newest filling code that is only in 1Password 6 for Mac or 1Password 4 for Windows.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you about this, but we have to devote our resources to moving 1Password forward rather than supporting legacy code that's no longer in use by the majority of 1Password users.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.