What is the difference between a team and family account? How many people can be in either?

Options
carolcho
carolcho
Community Member

I have a personal account now. Can I have two different accounts on may computer - one that is personal and another that is either family or team? What is the difference between family and team?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:What is the difference between a Family and team account, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carolcho!

1Password for Teams and Families can work alongside other 1Password vaults, yes. And you can have multiple Teams or Families accounts set up on your computer. For example, I have one standalone vault, the AgileBits team, and my 1Password Families set up on all of my devices. I keep my work-related information in my Personal AgileBits vault, my non-work related information in my Personal Family vault, and my archive is a standalone vault. Does that make sense?

1Password Families is built on 1Password for Teams's foundation. The big difference is that Families is simpler. In Families, you pay for your family to be able to use 1Password; Teams is billed per person. Families have two types of users: account owners and family members. Teams have other types of users.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• carolcho
    carolcho
    Community Member
    Options

I got 1Password Families. But it is interfering with my own 1Password account. I do NOT want to migrate the information between the two. But my computer can only find the original account. I do not understand how to manage both on the same computer?

• Jacob
    Options

@carolcho Glad to hear you've jumped on board. :) It shouldn't be interfering with your current 1Password though. If you don't want to migrate your data, how are you looking to use Families? You can add it to your existing app if you'd like, or just access it at 1Password.com. If you add it to the app, it doesn't interfere with your existing data at all. Its vaults are separate. Our migration guide has some details on adding your account to the app. You don't need to follow all the migration steps though.

This discussion has been closed.