How to Lock-in "Special Launch Special"

Options
Stecyk
Stecyk
Community Member

I got your email (3/1/2016) to sign up for families. I already have your beta Teams account.

Your email links to this page:

https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

And that page says,

A Special Launch Special!
1Password for Families is a subscription service and costs $5 a month for up to 5 family members. We like to call it our $5 for 5 plan :)
We know lots of you are already using 1Password today, so we want to make it easy for you to get started. We have a special deal for you if you sign up before Spring springs.
If you create an account before March 21st, you will get the following early-adopter perks:
• $10 added to your account (an extra 2 months free)
• Twice the amount of secure storage for your documents (that’s 2 GB)
• The ability to invite two more family members for free (a total of 7 family members!)

I want to take advantage of your Launch Special.

When I click on the link “Sign up before Spring springs!” I get this page:

https://families.1password.com/

Where do I go to PAY and sign up to take advantage of your Launch Special? I’ve looked everywhere. What do I need to do?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Pro
Sync Type: Router

Comments

• Stecyk
    Stecyk
    Community Member
    Options

@dahanbn

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I understand your message correctly, I don't need to do anything. I can leave my account in "Teams" beta still, without converting to the Family plan?

I just checked for an email from AgileBits--nothing so far. I checked the junk folder, too.

• Stecyk
    Stecyk
    Community Member
    Options

@dahanbn

Thank you. I will await an "official" answer from support staff.

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a little confused by this too. I signed up before the "family plan", when it was called (or is still called?) "1Password for Teams".

When I log it, the WWW site says "1Password for Teams".

I really want the family plan, though. Do I delete my current account and then sign up for the "family special"? Or can I somehow convert my "1Password for Teams" account over to "1Password for Families"?

Thanks for the help!

• Stecyk
    Stecyk
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@jeffc

Login to your "Teams" account, go to the upper right hand corner and select "Admin Console" from the Dropdown. Next, click the "Settings" link below the title "Admin Console." There you will find the option to "Convert 'your-account-name' to a Family Account."

In a prior question, I have asked if it is going to be possible to convert back from Family to Teams. The answer I received is, "Yes." Teams will have more functionality than the Family Plan.

I don't think you want to delete your account. Instead, just convert it. That way, you keep your "account name."

I hope that helps!

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    Options

I used the original apps and now signed up for the family plan via the link directly to 1Password for families from the Newsletter. However, nowhere I can find that the Spring special is secured. Moreover it says under "add a family avatar" coming soon. What will be coming soon?
    Soon you will be able to add your Credit Card here and get the Special Launch Special!
    $10 added to your account (an extra 2 months free)
    Twice the amount of secure storage for your documents (that’s 2 GB)
    The ability to invite two more family members for free (a total of 7 family members!)

But as I understand it, the action is already live and will end soon...

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@HalfBekend - If you have signed up for Familes, you have already secured the early adopter incentives. Eventually AgileBits will ask for a credit card to which they will charge your subscription. Until then, relax and enjoy using Families.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey everyone! (@Stecyk, @dahanbn, @jeffc, @HalfBekend)

If you're signed up for Families now, you'll get the early adopter special! You don't need to do anything specific :)

We'll let you know when it's time to enter your credit card information. Don't worry, we'll give you plenty of notice.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if I missed something!

• Stecyk
    Stecyk
    Community Member
    Options

@Aleen

Thank you! I have converted my Teams account to a Family account.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Wonderful to hear! Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

This discussion has been closed.