Migrate a family/team account back to a personal account

kodac
kodac
Community Member

I currently have a 1Password 5 Family license. After migrating if for some reason I decide not to do Family/Teams, can I migrate back the vaults and use my previously paid for Family license?

1Password Version: 6.2.beta4
Extension Version: 4.5.4.b3
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:security-hipaa, kb-search:If I stop using teams can I migrate back to a regular license, kb:teams-families-setup, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• sonya_green
    sonya_green
    Community Member

Hi @kodac,

You definitely can migrate from Family/Teams back to using the standalone apps. To do this, you'd move your data to a local vault and remove your Teams account to continue using the apps without Family/Teams. Your previous license will remain in effect.

Let me know if you have more questions, we're happy to help! :)

• Myra_C
    Myra_C
    Community Member

I have the same question. I started a trial with a family plan. I removed the shared vault, so now I only have a personal vault. Now it's time to enter my credit card, and I've decided to purchase a personal plan only. The purchase option seems to be for a family plan only. Do I need to set up a new account?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Myra_C,

At this time, we don’t have a subscription available for individuals. It’s something we’d love to offer in the future, but right now you have two options for purchasing 1Password:

• Sign up for the Families plan, which will give you room to grow and allow you to take advantage of all of the great features of the 1Password Families service.
    • Switch to a single-user license of 1Password. You can purchase a license from the AgileBits Store and use personal vaults that you sync using Dropbox or iCloud instead of the AgileBits sync solution that’s built into 1Password Families.

No matter which option you choose, you don’t need to set up a new account, and we can easily transfer your data to where you need it. Just let us know which option sounds best and we’ll work from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.