Saving multiple account keys in browser local storage

Options
2»

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephan_ have you set up multiple People in Google Chrome's settings? You can do so by going to Preferences > Settings > People > Add People. That way everyone can use the same browser but their information is kept separate, and you'd get the behavior you want from 1Password Families.

• Stephan_
    Stephan_
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott Thanks for the tip! That should cover one use case nicely. However, I'd also like to use a second personal account for myself to store "high value passwords". The way the web app login currently works make this quite tedious (and I'm using Win 7, so there's no native app support either).

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephan_ Can you help me understand why you want a second account for yourself? Everything shared in your Personal vault is viewable to you and only you; nobody can ever access it without your Account Key and Master Password.

• Stephan_
    Stephan_
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott I'm a bit uneasy about having certain login passwords (e.g. brokerage account) in the same account that I regularly access from my mobile devices, since in principle there is the danger that someone "looks over my shoulder" and then tries to rob me.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephan_ understood. In that instance, you could also create another vault that only you can access, and which you exclude from the All Vaults view on your mobile device. That would allow you to keep everything in sync without switching accounts (which would quickly become tedious) without having to worry about someone looking over your shoulder. Or you could, potentially, create another person in Chrome that is only used for that account. Not the best solution, but the one that seems to fit your use-case at the moment :)

• Stephan_
    Stephan_
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott Thanks for the reply. I'd rather use a separate 1password account, so it seems like I will have to use a separate browser (account).

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stephan_ it was my pleasure! Please let me know if I can help with anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.