Sync problem between iphones.

Options
Rensnest
Rensnest
Community Member

I have been able to sync my iphone with my ipad, but no matter what I do I can not sync my iphone with my wifes iphone. I have tried all you help suggestions with no luck. I am using only 1 vault and have tried to sync with icloud. Thanks for your help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/, kb:sync-options, ug:ios/sync-with-icloud, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, kb:icloud-troubleshooting-reset-cloud-data

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Rensnest - Does you wife have a different Apple ID than you do? If so, Apple doesn't permit sharing among different Apple IDs, which would explain what you are experiencing. You could switch to Dropbox and then share, if you like.

If separate Apple IDs isn't the issue, post back and let us know.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Rensnest

Hawkmoth has pointed out the most common cause of this problem. If that is the situation you're in, and you're not in a position to share an Apple ID with your wife, you may want to look into other options besides iCloud. Either syncing via Dropbox, or using 1Password for Families would be my recommendation.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.