Multiple 1P User Login on same Mac, iPad

Options
BeSafe
BeSafe
Community Member

is it possible for 2 different family members to use Same Device and same OS login for 1P ? There could be many scenarios where it might be helpful -

1 . its a shared device without OS user logins like iPad.
2. its a Mac but 2 users share the same OS login due to some workflow.
3. 1 user account can hold all super-secure logins and will be less exposed to non-technical hacks. Currently, Master password unlocks all info. it'll be wise to keep 2 different vaults or users.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BeSafe: This is only possible on a Mac using OS X's built-in user account system:

Set up users on your Mac

There doesn't seem to be an article for newer versions of OS X, but the process is the same. You can then switch between account quickly from the  menu, and each user account will have their own distinct setup for 1Password (and other apps).

There is not (yet?) an equivalent on iOS, but Apple seems to be experimenting with something like this on iPads for use in educational institutions:

iOS 9.3 Education Preview

Currently, Master password unlocks all info. it'll be wise to keep 2 different vaults or users.

Keep in mind that none of these measures help in a case where someone malicious, mischievous, or otherwise misguided has access to the system — whether it be an attacker, malware, or a precocious young family member.

The 1Password apps do not have their own user-management system, and it's not something we have immediate plans to do. However, you can add multiple 1Password for Families accounts in the app(s), or for more temporary/sporadic access you can login to your 1Password for Families account on a computer using a modern web browser — and actually open separate tabs/windows for each if you wish.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• BeSafe
    BeSafe
    Community Member
    Options

However, you can add multiple 1Password for Families accounts in the app(s)

can i add multiple account from same family in app?? how do i do that.. can u share the link?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

However, you can add multiple 1Password for Families accounts in the app(s)

can i add multiple account from same family in app?? how do i do that.. can u share the link?

@BeSafe: That isn't what I said. You can not add multiple people from the same Family/Team. That would be crazy (duplicate shared vaults, etc.) You can, however, add multiple accounts from different Families/Teams. But as I mentioned, you can use the web interface to login to as many accounts as you wish. Sorry for the confusion!

This discussion has been closed.