One-time password created in iOS not syncing to the Mac

2»

Comments

• Hi @jandubois

Thanks for letting us know. I'd recommend switching to the newer OPVault format, and seeing if you still experience difficulties with that:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain - 1Password Support

Ben

• jandubois
    jandubois
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben, I should have done this a long time ago! My newer vaults were already in OPVault format, just the default and the "obsolete" vaults were still in the original keychain format.

I'll let you know if I see the sync problem ever again, but maybe the problem will be gone for good now... :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :)

• jandubois
    jandubois
    Community Member

I did however encounter 2 problems during the migration (this is just FYI; I resolved this myself already):

1) After I updated the sync settings on the phone (everything seemed to be fine), I closed the app and started it again. Once I logged in the app became unresponsive; only the little spinner next to the Wifi indicator in the title bar was spinning.

The only way to get control of the app again was to switch to airplane mode. I turned off sync, turned radios back on, and it seemed to work again.

However, I got into the same state again later. Even rebooting the phone didn't fix it. I eventually deleted the app, re-installed it, and set up all the sync settings again. It has been working normally since then (fingers crossed).

2) On my second Mac, when all vaults had already been converted to OPVault on the first one, I could disable syncing, but for some vaults I could not re-enable Dropbox syncing. I could select it in the dropdown, but I never got the prompt for the folder location. I eventually got this working by selecting Folder sync, aborting it when it asked me for the folder, and then selecting Dropbox sync again. This time it would ask for the Dropbox folder location and everything went fine after that. This happened for 3 out of 5 vaults.

Anyways, it looks all good now, I hope, but I thought I would report back in case you get other reports about issues like this.

Oh, and final note: in the document about switching the vault format, it would be helpful to mention that you probably want to merge vaults when you update sync option on additional machines. Right now the tutorial leaves you to yourself on what to choose.

• @jandubois,

I'm glad that you were able to figure it out.

Thanks for the feedback, I have passed this along to the documentation team so they can improve those pages.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.