Question from brand new user

mikegocal
mikegocal
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Lounge

Hi. I just paid for 1 Password )Order Number: [removed] ) and got 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Single License).

I want to load this on 2 ipdones, 1 windows laptop and 3 windows desktop computers. can i do that with this purchase?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

No, that was the wrong licence if you don't have a Mac computer.

Licences are sold per platform (with a Mac + Windows bundle possible), but this means that 1PW for iOS is not the same as 1PW for Mac OS as far as licences are concerned.

From what you say you seem to need one Windows licence (covers laptop and the three desktops) and one iOS licence (covers the two iPhones).

The iOS version is tied to your Apple ID. It is free in its basic form, and has an in-app purchase for extra features. Note that you must use the same Apple ID on both iPhones if you want a single in-app purchase to cover both.

If you've only just bought you can get a refund of the Mac + Windows purchase and then purchase just the Windows version. You need only ask here and an AgileBits staff member will come along in due course and arrange it. I don't know if they will need you to get a refund and then buy again or if they can just give you a refund of the extra unnecessary cost.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikegocal,

Thanks for your recent purchase, and thanks for contacting us here in the support forum with your question! :)

Danco is right; for the devices you listed, you only need a Windows license from our store, which you can use on all your PCs. Let us know if this is the case, and we can easily refund you the difference so that you'll only have paid for the Windows license. Although I noticed that you used the Mac Power Users code, so maybe you do actually have a Mac also and forgot to mention it? Let us know what you need and we'll be happy to help.

• mikegocal
    mikegocal
    Community Member

Yes. Please change my order. I do not own a Mac. I will want to set up on two iPhones, a Windows laptop, and three desktops.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikegocal: As danco mentioned, 1Password for iOS will be completely separate through the App Store, but it's free (with an in-app purchase if you want the Pro Features).

I've refunded the 1Password for Mac portion of your purchase, and you should see that reflected in your account in a matter of days. Keep in mind that the 1Password for Windows license entitles you (and 5 family members in your household) to use it on all of your PCs.

It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if you need anything else. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.