10 second delay when signing into 1Password extension in Firefox

Options

This started recently. When I click on the 1Password extension in Firefox and enter my password, there is a delay of about 10 seconds before it opens. Upon entering password and hitting , the lock icon turns immediately, but the browser extension does not open until after this delay. Sometimes there is a wait cursor, sometimes not.

I'm using Firefox 44.0.2,

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flatmap,

Can you tell us a little more about your setup please.

1. What operating system do you use and what version is it?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running? If you're running 1Password for Mac it's not just the version number that may be important but whether it says AgileBits Store or Mac App Store, basically where it was purchased can have a small factor in very specific situations.
    3. How do you sync, is it Dropbox, iCloud or Folder/Wi-Fi Sync?
  • flatmap
    flatmap
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables, sure thing.

1Password = 6.0.2
    1Password Extension = 4.5.5
    Mac OS X = 10.11.3
    Sync = Dropbox

I just updated my Firefox browser to version 45.0.1, but problem persists.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flatmap,

We're up to version 6.1 for 1Password for Mac, it might be worth updating and seeing if that helps because the lock screen you see when you click on the 1Password Firefox Extension icon is actually the User Interface (UI) for 1Password mini, the helper process that lives inside the 1Password application bundle. One of the several tasks that the extension does is to let 1Password mini know when it is needed but once we send that message everything is about the actual 1Password application.

If you're an AgileBits Store user there is a menu option which can be found at 1Password 6 > Check for Updates... and if you're a Mac App Store user then you would look in the App Store applications for an update. Please let us know if that helps :smile:

• flatmap
    flatmap
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @littlebobbytables,

That did the trick. The browser extension and 1Password mini both work normally now.
    I didn't realize that I was out of date.

Thanks for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @flatmap,

Just glad to hear things are running smoothly :smile: If we can help with any other issues or questions you have about 1Password please don't hesitate to post :smile:

This discussion has been closed.