Why can't I autofill passwords on iOS anymore?

Options
dfjosh
dfjosh
Community Member

I know how to activate the extension on iOS, it just doesn't show up in the list of extensions. I've reinstallled 1password but it did not fix it. I follwed all the instructions in the guide on this site just to make sure I wasn't skipping something silly. What am I forgetting?

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dfjosh,

Thanks for taking the time to write in :+1:

When you say that you've reinstalled 1Password, you mean that you first uninstalled the app, the re-downloaded it from the App Store and set it up again? If that's the case, here are a few questions which would help us shed some light on this mystery:

1. What's the URL of the website that you are viewing in Safari?
    2. Is 1Password still installing from the App Store or is it fully installed and set up? In other words, can you open 1Password and view items after you unlock?
    3. Have you tried to restart your iOS device? Oftentimes, this "voodoo" helps.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

• dfjosh
    dfjosh
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I've tried a few. www.geico.com is one of them.
    2. 1Password installed successfully. I can open it and see my passwords.
    3. I installed an update since the issue began happening. That restarted my phone in the process.
  • Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply @dfjosh :+1:

Can you please check if the 1Password extension shows up in the Activities list when using a third party app that uses the 1Password integration? Here's the list of all apps that support 1Password.

Please let me know how this goes.

• dfjosh
    dfjosh
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know, but I'm not using the the geico app. And regardless, I've logged into geico lots of times using 1password on my iPhone. Also, it currently works on geico.com on my computer.

Shouldn't the extension thing show up for 1password in the list of extensions when I touch the share button, swipe all the way to the left, and touch the More button in Safari? It's not

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hello again @dfjosh,

Shouldn't the extension thing show up for 1password in the list of extensions when I touch the share button, swipe all the way to the left, and touch the More button in Safari? It's not

We have seen several reports now where the 1Password extension is not available at all in the share sheet. Not even after tapping on the "More..." button. We haven't been able to reproduce this internally yet.

I don't know, but I'm not using the the geico app. And regardless, I've logged into geico lots of times using 1password on my iPhone. Also, it currently works on geico.com on my computer.

I wasn't referring to the Geico app, but to any third party app from the list above. We currently suspect the the extension (which is a separate app/process bundled inside 1Password) may have been corrupted during the install process. To confirm or infirm this suspicion, we need to see if it (the extension) shows up in other (non-Safari) apps.

Please do keep me posted.

• dfjosh
    dfjosh
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I see. Ok, I have a kickstarter user/pass saved in 1password. So i just downloaded the kickstarter app just now, touched the log in button, saw a 1password link in the username input field, touched it, but then all I see is two empty rows where buttons should be. There is a "more" button in each row however but i touch it and i see an empty Activities list in each.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting back to us @dfjosh :+1:

This is exactly what I suspected. It seems that the 1Password extension is completely unavailable on your device.

As I mentioned in my previous comment, we've seen some reports of this issue already and we'd like to investigate this more on our end.

Just out of curiosity, is your device part of a company MDM (Mobile Device Management) system?

And finally, can you please send us a diagnostic report from your device? Here's how to send a diagnostic report for 1Password for iOS. Please attach the diagnostic report to an email message addressed to support+appex@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

Thanks so much!

• dfjosh
    dfjosh
    Community Member
    Options

My device is part of a company MDM. And I'm not sure I should be sending a diagnostic report to you. Is there any way I could look at the report before it is sent?

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello again @dfjosh,

Is there any way I could look at the report before it is sent?

Yes, absolutely! The generated diagnostic report is an html file. You can send it you yourself via email and look at it in your own browser. If you decide to send us the diagnostic report, please do not edit it.

Some users reported that temporarily opting out and back into the company's MDM fixes this issue.

Please let us know if this works for you.

• dfjosh
    dfjosh
    Community Member
    Options

ugh. don't know if its worth opting out of the MDM to fix this. I think I'd have to redownload and set up all the company apps I have installed. If I decide to do it, I'll post the results here.

here is the support ID [#UYL-61945-317]

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks for the quick response, @dfjosh :+1:

I confirm that we have received your diagnostic report. We will contact you shortly via email.

Cheers!

ref: UYL-61945-317

• captcadaver
    captcadaver
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have the same issue where 1Password is not in the Activities sheet. I recently erased my phone and started from scratch, so I'm getting up and running. I just installed iOS 10 as well.

I'm a consumer, so I'm not doing this through a company or anything. What should I do?

• captcadaver
    captcadaver
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind, I fixed it. I followed this guide... https://support.1password.com/ios-extension/ I wasn't enabling this in Safari.

• Thanks for the update @captcadaver. Glad to hear that got the issue sorted for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.