Just updated iPhone to 9.3, help!

Options
readylock
readylock
Community Member

As I said, I just updated my iPhone to 9.3 and now cannot open 1password on my iPhone. 1password will still open on my computer using the same security password. What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just updated my iphone to 9.3 and now can't open 1password. do you have any ideas

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @readylock,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. How are you syncing your data between your computer (Mac?) and your iPhone? Is all of your data currently on your computer?

Please let us know.

Ben

• readylock
    readylock
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I tried syncing with my iPhone directly to my computer and it didn't result in any change. It usually syncs via cloud

• readylock
    readylock
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    The only problem I seem to be having is that 1password is not accepting my sign in password on my phone. I can't use my fingerprint because when I updated the phone went off and on and now demands that I use my sign in password. Everything is working fine on the computer version. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

I haven't heard any reports, and did not experience any difficulties when updating to iOS 9.3 myself on either my iPhone or iPad. If your Mac is all set though, we can just restart from there.

First, please turn off syncing in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Preferences > Sync > Select your vault and choose "None" for the sync type). Then please see this guide:

(iOS) How do I start over with an empty vault?

Please be sure to pay careful attention to the bit about removing your data from iCloud. This is listed as an optional step in the guide, but will be necessary here.

Once you've completed the steps listed there you can set up syncing again:

Syncing your 1Password data | 1Password 6 for Mac

Sync | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• readylock
    readylock
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I'll try this.

• Ben
    Options

No problem! Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• readylock
    readylock
    Community Member
    Options

It worked thanks!!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• coolhanduke
    coolhanduke
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot get into 1password on my iphone after update either. Password works on Mac.

I use 1password for families.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @coolhanduke,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If all of your data is in 1Password for Families you can simply uninstall and reinstall the iOS app.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.