I can't get my android tablet to sync with my iphone vault (via dropbox)

colemanjtodd
colemanjtodd
Community Member

I have been using iphone version of 1password for some time
just got a new android tablet
downloaded app for tablet
attempted to sync via dropbox

dropbox sync from iphone appears to be working, the dropbox folder : Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault/default
...is filled with files like bank_0.js

but no other files. when I log into 1password on my tablet, and tell it to sync via Dropbox, I can login to dropbox and it lets me browse the folders but it doesn't seem to find a vault file.

I checked the version numbers. On iphone, I seem to be using 6.3.1 updated on march 13th
I can't tell on android, the version is 6.2? perhaps this is the issue? I just grabbed it from the google play store.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS, android
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/new-computer-dropbox, ug:ios/sync-with-dropbox, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@colemanjtodd: Sorry of the confusion! You're not doing anything wrong. However, 1Password for Android cannot currently read the OPVault format, though it's something we'll be adding in a future update.

For now, you can either use Wi-Fi Sync instead to transfer your data to 1Password for Android from 1Password for Mac, or use the AgileKeychain format:

Current sync options in 1Password for Android

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• colemanjtodd
    colemanjtodd
    Community Member

how do I get my iOS device to create an agilekeychain file? I have it syncing to dropbox, and it created an opvault. I can't seem to find any way to force it to create an .agilekeychain file instead.

• Hey @colemanjtodd. 1Password on iOS can only create an OPVault vault. It's not possible to create an Agile Keychain vault from iOS.

In order to sync your Android, I recommend creating a new Agile Keychain vault from Android with the same Master Password you use on the iPad. Once you have your new vault on Android, create a test item, and then configure sync with Dropbox. This will create the Agile Keychain in Dropbox. Then open the sync settings in 1Password on iOS, and change Dropbox syncing. This time, make sure to select the .agilekeychain folder. Let me know if that does the trick! :)

• colemanjtodd
    colemanjtodd
    Community Member

no, it didn't.

I now have a .agilekeychain file on my dropbox. I sync'd my iphone to it, reconnected to dropbox, pointed it at the new file, and went through a series of steps to "merge" the two vaults. no problem, the "test" record that I created on android showed up on my iphone in my vault.

meanwhile, back on android (the device that I'm trying to get the iphone data over to) the sync'ing doesn't seem to have any effect. I still only see the 1 test record, not the other records I am looking for.

• peri
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the update, @colemanjtodd. Can you confirm that you've either swiped down from the top of the Categories screen or tapped Sync on Android to imitate sync after syncing the iOS device?

• colemanjtodd
    colemanjtodd
    Community Member

yes, at the bottom of the screen there is a blue oval box that says "Sync completed. No downloads found."

• Hi @colemanjtodd. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android and iOS devices:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---iOS---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• colemanjtodd
    colemanjtodd
    Community Member

ok, I sent it

• Thanks! I'll take a look and get back to you. :)

This discussion has been closed.