How to transfer data between phones

Chrismer
Chrismer
Community Member

I just bought a samsung s7 edge and used samsung smart switch to transfer apps and data from a samsung note 4 edge. The 1password app transferred the data did not. I am not able to sync my note 4 data because it is saying the folder is no longer available. How do I fix this so I am able to sync the data on my old phone and then be able to sync my new phone with that data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:export

Comments

• Thanks for contacting us today, @Chrismer. :)

Unfortunately, most Android data transfer tools are limited in what they transfer, and so often the 1Password vault folder does not transfer through them. Had you previously configured sync with 1Password on your Note 4? If so, were you syncing using Dropbox, Wi-Fi, or local storage? Also, do you have 1Password on any other devices?

• zoe2016
    zoe2016
    Community Member

I'm getting a new phone and am wondering if there is a way for me to transfer data from old phone to the new one. I've spent money getting gold and gems and ...finally I got this one, though it only transfer part of data like music, videos, pics, but enough 4 me.

• Hi @zoe2016. Thanks for contacting us with your question today. I'll be happy to help you migrate your data from your old device to the new one.

First things first, you'll need to sconfigure sync on the old phone. Backup services like you mentioned tend to back up your apps, photos, music, and contacts, but not necessarily all unique data. In fact, your 1Password data isn't actually stored anywhere except for a local cache (which is not something you can restore from) unless you configure sync. If you configure sync with Dropbox or local storage, a 1Password.agilekeychain folder will be created in Dropbox or on your device.

Once you've synced the data from your old phone, you'll just need to sync your new phone up as well. If you have any trouble with this, just let us know and we can walk you through any issues you encounter. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.