Wi-fi syncing error

FranR
FranR
Community Member

I've started to get a wi-fi syncing error message every time I log into 1Password on any of my IOS devices -

Please unlock 1Password on your Mac for wi-fi syncing to continue. 1Password encountered a problem.

Unlocking on my Mac enables syncing but I continue to get the error message next time I log onto an IOS device.

Any suggestions on what's causing the error?

Comments

• Hi @FranR,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It used to be possible for 1Password for iOS to sync with 1Password for Mac over Wi-Fi while 1Password for Mac appeared to be locked. We've made some security improvements in this area and now 1Password for Mac works more similarly to 1Password for Windows: it must be unlocked before a Wi-Fi sync can occur. This is the reason you're seeing this message. You'll need to unlock 1Password for Mac before launching 1Password for iOS if you'd like to use Wi-Fi sync.

We have been discussing this message internally, and while the security improvements are here to stay, we're looking at how we might be able to improve the messaging to be less disruptive to your workflow.

If you need an imediate workaround you may want to consider 1Password for Families, or syncing via iCloud or Dropbox.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• FranR
    FranR
    Community Member

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply. I thought it might be something to do with that, but thought better to check! I get that it's a security feature, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with to make the message less disruptive. Regards Fran

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your understanding. We'll see what we can do to improve this! :)

This discussion has been closed.