Can't sync between Mac application and iOS app

Options
zubora
zubora
Community Member

I just redownloaded 1Password Pro to see if that would resolve the issue, but somewhere within the last month, the sync between my Mac application and my iOS app stopped working. I also have the browser app installed on Safari, and the sync between it and the Mac application is working.

I've tried setting up the sync with iCloud but it's not pulling new information from my Mac application, nor do I see how to set up the Mac application to work with iCloud. :(

Also I was just reading when downloading the new app from iTunes that I should be able to log in with TouchID. However the application hasn't asked me to set this up, I don't see an option to turn this on, and when I tried, it doesn't work. I do have a master password and used this to set up my iOS app again, connect to iCloud and download the data, so I think the iCloud sync is working.

However I'm not seeing a way to connect the iOS app to my desktop app anymore. Would you please help?

Thank you very much!

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:icloud-troubleshooting-disable-cell-data, kb:diagnostics, kb:sync-options, ug:ios/sync-with-icloud, kb:icloud-troubleshooting

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zubora,

Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear about the trouble. To set up syncing with iCloud please make sure you're following these guides:

Sync with iCloud | 1Password 6 for Mac

Sync with iCloud | 1Password for iOS

If you run into trouble please let me know which guide you're in, what step you're on, and what the difficulty is. :)

As for activating Touch ID, assuming your device is Touch ID enabled, you can find instructions here:

Use Touch ID | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• zubora
    zubora
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,
    Hugely helpful, thank you so much! Everything appears to be syncing again, I got my Touch ID turned on and I'm a very happy customer. Many thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You too! I'm glad to hear that Ben was able to help. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.