Sync setup

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: unable to select 1password vault.

Comments

• dand8468
    dand8468
    Community Member
    Options

I am still unable to sync my iPad and my android phone. I have followed your instructions and the iPad just hangs after selecting the agile key file. Then goes back to the beginning of the sync menu...but doesn't actually sync. I'm using Dropbox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dand8468: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your specific issue.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what instructions are you referring to? Also, you said that it hangs, but then you mentioned that it goes back to the sync menu. Can you tell me which is the case? Please be as specific as possible. Thanks in advance! :)

• dand8468
    dand8468
    Community Member
    Options

My iPad is IOS 9.3

I click on Primary vault - set up syncing
    Sync with Dropbox - I select my account and the agile key vault
    It says downloading encryption key etc...and goes right back to Primary vault - set up syncing

I paid for the updgrade so I can sync across all platforms. It's quite frustrating. The previous support was about how to create a vault on my phone and then sync across them all. I followed those instructions to the letter and nothing has helped.

Thanks for helping me on this. Regards, Diana

• peri
    Options

Hi @dand8468. Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing!

I'd like you to create a test item in your vault on Android and save it. Then swipe down from the top to initiate sync, to make sure the change syncs over to Android. Then go back to iOS and tap Sync Now. Does sync complete this time?

• dand8468
    dand8468
    Community Member
    Options

You rock...finally after weeks and weeks I can sync across platforms. I would like to go back to OP vault once you have it available on android. So keep me posted.

Thanks, Diana

• peri
    Options

Hey @dand8468. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get your devices syncing. :)

We're planning on supporting OPVault in an upcoming update, so keep an eye out! Thanks!

• dand8468
    dand8468
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome...you will need to give us instructions to convert from agile key to OPVault when the time comes.

Have a good day.

Di

• peri
    Options

Will do! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.