Menu bar icon on inactive monitors

philippwaller
philippwaller
Community Member

In a dual monitor setup, OS X El Capitan greys out the menu bar on the inactive monitor by default. All icons are fade out as well excepted the 1password icon (see screenshot). Not sure if its bug or a feature :).

Screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/fpn2iav3t/

Thanks!
Philipp

1Password Version: 6.1 (6100006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @philippwaller,

Thank you for taking the time to ask us about that! To answer your question, it's not a feature - it's more or less a bug that our developers are aware of, and hope to fix at some point.

In case you're curious, this happens because we're doing custom drawing of the mini icon in the Mac menubar instead of letting the OS do it for us. The reason we're doing custom drawing is so that after you click on the mini icon, it stays highlighted while the mini window is open & attached to the menubar. But our developers are looking into ways to do this all differently in the future.

Thanks again for writing in about this. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're here for you! :)

ref: OPM-3684

• ash_m
    ash_m
    Community Member

I've noticed this too.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you've also noticed that! I hope my previous comment here helps to explain a bit about why that happens, but if you have more questions about it or need anything else, please be sure to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

ref: OPM-3684

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hello @Drew_AG ,

any progress on this one? I can confirm that the issue still persist :( Btw: maybe merging with this issue would be possible :smile:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ondrejfuhrer

Thank you for you interest on this issue! Stay around to see all the new places where 1Password goes! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.