1Password 4 extension [iOS 8 and later only]

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can I have both Safari and Firefox extensions on Password at the same time?.

Comments

• painten
    painten
    Community Member
    Options

I need help reminding how to reinstall the safari extension on my iPhone 4 running 1 password 4 on ios 7, and you don't even remember it existed! Ha ha. I can promise you it did exist, it existed on the previous version of 1 password also which I used before upgrading to 4 (at the right time). :). I think remember it was added using the bookmark folder? Or I might be making that up! I was using it perfectly right up until last week when my phone crashed. If anyone remembers how they installed the browser extension on ios 7 iphone 4 please tell me :)

• painten
    painten
    Community Member
    Options

My trusty iphone 4 had been stuck on ios 7 for years now, along with 1 password 4 and safari extension. I've been looking for advice how to reinstall the extension and everyone's stating it didn't exist until ios 8! Which I've never had. The first add ons to ios safari came out before 1 password 4 also. I guess as everyone thinks the extensions were born YEARS after they actually were ive got no hope in getting mine back :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@painten: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion in the iOS category, since that was regarding 1Password for Mac version 3.

Unfortunately for your case, you will not be able to use the 1Password iOS extension (or any others). These were introduced in iOS 8, so this feature did not exist in 1Password 4 (on iOS 7) or earlier. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.