1Password tries to unlock on Waze chat

In Waze map editor, when opening the chat (bottom right of the screen), 1Password show up and tries to unlock itself just like if I entered a login/password (but I did not as I'm already logged in).

You can reproduce it easily on https://www.waze.com/editor/ connect with any Waze account.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble you're having, @kpouer. Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce the problem you're seeing in Chrome with the current stable release. I notice you're on Windows, so perhaps there is some difference there. I will ask one of our more seasoned Windows-focused 'Bits to give it a look and we'll get back to you.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• kpouer
    kpouer
    Community Member

Yes maybe, I tried on my Mac and it doesn't happens. Unfortunately I'm also a Windows User so it would be nice to try to fix right ? You did not stop the Windows support isn't it ?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @kpouer. We definitely haven't stopped supporting Windows. :)

I just tried this in Windows 10, 1Password 4.6.0.604, Google Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m, and 1Password extension 4.5.5.90 and 4.5.6.4, and I wasn't able to get autosave to prompt when doing anything related to the chat bubble on the bottom right. When I popped up the chat window, I tried sending a couple messages, changing from Visible to Invisible, minimizing the chat window, and clicking around other areas as well. Nothing triggered autosave for me. If you're still having this trouble, could you please take some screenshots of what you're seeing or where specifically you're clicking or typing and maybe that will help us understand better?

Thanks!

• kpouer
    kpouer
    Community Member

Hi, my extension version is 4.5.5.90.
    I tried again, in fact everytime I click on chat the 1Password unlock dialog opens immediately. If I close the chat and open it again, it appears again.
    I removed all extensions of my browser and it still happens.
    But after closing it, it doesn't happens anymore until the next time. There must be a reason but I don't know which one.
    What is strange is that I'm already logged in (by cookie) when it happens but if I accept that 1Password save the login, it knows my password. Isn't it strange?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I just tried again because I wasn't 100% sure I remembered to have 1Password locked, and I still can't reproduce the problem… :( For now, I guess the best answer is to exclude waze.com from autosave in the 1Password preferences. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now.

This discussion has been closed.