Vault Managers in 1P for Families?
Hi guys & Happy Easter!
Thanks a lot for 1P for Families, lovin' it so far :-)
After playing around one big question popped up and hopefully you have an answer to it.
Let's say we have a family of 6:
- Amanda & Ben
- Charles & Danielle
- Eddie & Fiona
Amanda, Charles & Eddie are siblings. Ben, Danielle & Fiona are their partners.
So Amanda "founded" the family (at 1P.com) and now invites everyone to use the account with the whole family.
- Everyone will get an own personal vault no one else has access to. That's great.
- Besides they also have a common shared vault everyone can use, e.g. for family matters. Supercool.
Now comes the catch:
- At the same time each couple wants to have a shared vault just for themselves.
- Sure thing, the others should neither see those vaults nor have access to them.
As far as I understood I can't do that with the family edition, right?
Looking through the help I found the "vault managers" and would assume that they serve exactly that purpose: Amanda could create 2 more vaults, add her siblings Charles & Fiona as managers and remove herself from them for privacy reasons, right?
The mini families could then manage their vaults themselves (& also add their partners for recovery). While this brings more fine-grained access & security to them it still has the downside that they always have to beg Amanda to create new vaults when they need one.
End of story :-) Hope I didn't bore you with that until now.
So the "vault managers" show up in the help, but not in 1P.com itself. Hence I assume they only available in 1P for Teams, right?
I also thought a little bit of what I described above and felt it's a bit too complicated if you are a family (and not a team). So I wondered how I would ease the life of those 6 and also wanted to share that:
- Wouldn't it be easier if every team member would be allowed to create vaults, alter them and invite other family members (if desired)?
- Optionally the admin could be added for recovery, but does not necessarily see those vaults or have access to them.
- It also allows everyone to create different (personal) vaults for their purpose (e.g. "home", "school", "work").
The latter I used before 1P for Families with local vaults to separate passwords & documents much better.
Curiously awaiting your reply.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided