I changed my Master Password on my Mac desktop, and now my iOS device will not sync.

nbny
nbny
Community Member

I changed my Master Password on my Mac desktop, and now my IOS device will not sync. I've tried tests by creating a secure note on my desktop and a secure note on my iOS - neither of them will sync. All of the data on my desktop is up to date. The iOS is still requiring me to use the old password, and it is still all the old data without any of the updates I have done.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Mac and IOS will not sync

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@nbny @mcdonald44 what should happen when you change your master password one one device is this:

• you will need to log on to 1Password on the other device (which I'll call the second device) using your old master password to allow the master password change to sync;
    • once you have done that and sync has taken place you should be able to unlock 1Password on the second device using your new master password.

This knowledge base article may help in the context of problems with iCloud sync:

Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

@mcdonald44 if that does not help you then please post again but when you do so at the very least please tell us:

• What version of 1P for Mac you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Your OS X version number
    • What version of 1Password for iOS you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Your iOS version number
    • What sync method you use to sync your 1P data (Dropbox, iCloud or wifi). I'm assuming you're using wi-fi sync but as that's not completely clear—because you also refer to iCloud—please confirm.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

Hi @nbny,

It looks like Stephen has already given you some good information. Hopefully that helps to solve the sync problem, but if not, please let us know and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@mcdonald44, I'm very sorry this has turned out to be such a big problem for you! I'm sure you would like to get this taken care of as soon as possible, and we'd like that too - however, we'll be able to do that much faster if you can continue to communicate with us about this problem in a single forum thread, rather than a half dozen or more threads. We've consolidated many of your posts together here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/61550

Please make sure you reply to that thread for help with this issue. Alternately, if you'd prefer, you can send us an email at support+forums@agilebits.com and we'll be happy to continue the conversation via email instead of these forums.

Thanks in advance! :)

• nbny
    nbny
    Community Member

Hello,

I followed @Stephen_C instructions, and the two devices are not syncing. Here are my details:

1 Password: Version 6.2 (620011)
    OSX: Version 10.11.4
    Sync method: iCloud

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi @nbny ,

I think the best way to figure out why sync isn't working is to see a diagnostic report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to see why sync is not working. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• nbny
    nbny
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,

I ran the Diagnostics Report and here is the support ID number I received after emailing it in: [#AXN-39569-344].

Thanks,
    Nik

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi Nik (@nbny),

We've received your email, we'll continue the conversation and get this sorted out over there! :chuffed:

ref: AXN-39569-344

This discussion has been closed.