How can I get 1PW to generate new passwords for me automatically?

kgorske
kgorske
Community Member

Want this to be as easy as possible. Want 1PW to make as many decisions for PW as possible.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I get 1PW to generate new passwords for me automatically?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kgorske,

Thanks for writing in with your question!

When you open the password generator in 1Password, it will automatically create a new, random password for you. You can change the settings in the password generator if you want/need to, and it will automatically generate a new password each time you do. We have more information about how to use the password generator here: Generate a strong password

If you'd like to use the password generator to help you change your existing password on a website, we show you how to do that here: How to change your passwords and make them stronger

Does that help? If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• norm356
    norm356
    Community Member

where is the "password generator"?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@norm356 you don't say what version of 1Password you're using but assuming it's 1P5 or 1P6 you'll find it here in the main app (and in a similar place in 1P mini):

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @norm356,

Stephen_C's answer should help you find the password generator while you are editing an item that already exists and you want to upgrade. If you don't want to access the password generator from within the edit mode of an item, it's even easier!

If you open 1Password mini on a webpage that you don't have a login for, it's the very first option under the search bar! If you do have a login for that webpage, it will be the first option after showing the possible logins.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.