How to update a document

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,

I just read that in the latest changelog (v77) that there now is a version history for documents. So I asked myself how I can update a document file. But found no way to do it in the mac app. Do you have some info about this for me? :) Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited March 2016

Oh hi there @ntimo,

Good question. It's actually not possible to edit a Document at the moment, despite the Open With menu appearing if you download the Document locally. I've let our Mac team know about the issue so we can look into a fix. Sorry about that!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@penderworth Thank you. I thought this would be possible somehow :) Thanks you are awsome :)

• Jacob
    edited March 2016

@ntimo Actually, it looks like this may be quite a ways out. We don't technically have an edit function in the app at the moment so it would be a new feature. I spoke with our Mac team a bit and we are planning to add one in the future, but it's not at the top of our list. We added version history to Documents because you can actually just edit the item and upload a new file to replace the current one in the web interface for Teams. Version history also applies to any other modifications to that item.

This discussion has been closed.