Favorites associated with Team/Family passwords become Favorites for all Team/Family members

niallyoung
niallyoung
Community Member

G'day guys - if I favourite some of my Team/Family passwords the whole Team/Family sees it appear under their personal Favorites.

Keeping them separate would be ideal. Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @niallyoung

Thanks for the feedback. This is currently working as intended, but it is something we've discussed internally as something to consider changing. It is on the radar, though I can't make any promises at this point. Thanks!

Ben

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member

I'd like to add my vote for this too.

As it currently works, Favorites is unusable for me. My personal favorites list has about a half dozen items. And they're all specific to me. If each of my family members added their own favorites, it would take me just as long to find a favorite as it would to search the main list. And on top of that, it would be filled with similarly named items (Amazon, Gmail, etc).

Please make this a priority item.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016

That is a fair point, @MDBrown. At present Favorites are stored with the vault, not the user. As such it'll take some re-engineering to make this change. I'll add your vote for the change.

Ben

ref: B5-950

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member

I just realized tags can be used as a workaround for Favorites. It just takes one or two more taps (tap the Organize icon, then tap whatever tag you use for Favorites).

Each family member would have to use a unique tag, since any shared item would carry all tags assigned by any user. But it works.

Nevertheless, please keep working on separate favorites lists.

• Definitely. :)

An interesting idea for a workaround.

Ben

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member

Any update on a fix for favorites? My workaround with tags is good, but I'd really like to be able to just click on the favorites icon and go straight to my favorites, without seeing anyone elses. Thanks.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@MDBrown I'm glad that the workaround using 1Password's tags feature is still working. Unfortunately I don't have anything to share on this front, but I hope that we'll be able to address it soon :)

ref: B5-950

• paulyoung
    paulyoung
    Community Member

This is a really poor experience.

• Thanks for the feedback. This is indeed something that comes up from time to time, and we're looking into making the experience better. The more interest, the higher priority it is, so it's good to know you're interested.

• ChrisJenkins
    ChrisJenkins
    Community Member

I'd like to add my comment that this is a poor implementation of favourites. One should be able to mark items in shared vaults as favourites and only have them show up for the person who so marked them. We have 4 family members and multiple shared vaults - for us favourites is essentially unusable. Sadly the same problem afflicts the 'Add to Apple Watch' functionality so that also renders that largely unusable for us as well. A better design is urgently needed please.

• Yeah, we really do need a better solution to this. We need to have the concept of parts of an item belonging to a single user and not everything being shared.

Rick

• MortalWombatUK
    MortalWombatUK
    Community Member

I too would like to see Favourites based on user rather than item for exactly the reasons highlighted above...

• Hi @MortalWombatUK - Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate the feedback and I will make sure to add this as a +1 vote :-)

Have a fantastic day and hope to talk to you soon.

• andrewwatt
    andrewwatt
    Community Member

+1 to this. Using 1Password for Teams and the Favorites menu is a complete mess. Everyone on the team has different items they access frequently and consider a "favorite" (and rightly so). Is this still on the AgileBits radar?

• Hi @andrewwatt - I can completely understand how this could lead to an issue. We're still working on it but I don't have a timeline to provide you with at the moment. I did add your request and share your feedback with the team. Sorry for not having a better answer for you at the moment.

• rpahlow
    rpahlow
    Community Member

Just throwing my two cents in here in support of "personal" favorites. I was surprised when I helped my wife set up her family access that my favorites were there. She will want to know why they are there when she really starts using this.

• Thanks for the feedback! This is definitely something we're looking into, as Frank mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.