The 1Password app on my Apple Watch isn't working

was7g
was7g
Community Member

The Apple Watch 1Password application only ever displays the text "You can add items from the 1Password app on your phone," and never any of my 1Password information. I have the Pro version of 1Password. I have gone into various categories within the iOS app (logins, credit cards, Soc Security Numbers) and toggled the "Add to Apple Watch" setting on/off. I have restarted my watch and phone. I have deleted the app from the watch and reinstalled it. What's next?
Thanks!!!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:apple watch not syncing, kb:pro-features-faq, kb-search:apple watch not syncing, kb-search:apple watch, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@was7g: Sorry or the trouble! While it sounds like you've already edited some items to Add to Apple Watch, have you turned the feature on in 1Password Settings > Apple Watch > Enable Apple Watch? Also make sure that you're adding items from your Primary vault. Secondary vaults are not supported currently.

If you're still having trouble, please do the following:

1. Connect both the Apple Watch and iPhone to power
    2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down to 1Password, and set Show on Apple Watch to the off position
    3. Open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Apple Watch and set Enable Apple Watch to the off position
    4. Wait for it to stop saying "Uninstalling..." (this may never happen, but give it 5 minutes and then move on)
    5. View the apps on your actual Watch and if it is gone (in some cases, even those that completed "Uninstalling..." still show up)
    6. If it's still shown there, hold your finger on it and then tap the (x) (this may not work either)
    7. Regardless, hold the pill-shaped Side Button on the Watch and Power Off (you'll need to disconnect the power temporarily to do this)
    8. Then hold the Lock Button on your iPhone and Slide to Power Off (you'll need to disconnect the Watch from power temporarily)
    9. Power on both the Apple Watch and iPhone
    10. Verify that 1Password is not shown on the Apple Watch and that this is reflected in the Watch app on the iPhone as well (if not, go back to the beginning)
    11. In 1Password on the iPhone, set Enable Apple Watch to on
    12. In Watch on the iPhone, go to 1Password and set Show on Apple Watch to on
    13. Wait for the app to finish Installing...

This process has worked for myself and others who've encountered issues with various Watch apps. I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• cozmot
    cozmot
    Community Member

Brent, you forgot something. In step 9, wave your hand above your head counterclockwise while chanting "moomba nim, noomba mim," until it powers on. (If the app still doesn't install or work correctly, start over and in step 9 wave your hand clockwise.) If this still doesn't work, then 1Password for Apple Watch was probably released prematurely. I have removed it from my AW and can live without it on there. (Dave Teare, really, man, you guys can do better than this!)

• I'm sorry that we've let you down in this regard, @cozmot. If you change your mind in the future and would like to troubleshoot we'll be here for you!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cozmot: I've found that I have a lot less trouble with app installs in my Apple Watch lately, and it comes up a lot less here on the forums too. Whereas last year it was a fairly common problem with long threads on the topic. And it isn't something we can take credit for: Apple has simply made it much more reliable since watchOS 2.1 or so, without changes to 1Password or other apps. But if you're still having trouble, I think you'll find that the steps above will do the trick for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.