New Families user, Primary vault and Authorized Devices

charles_gamble
charles_gamble
Community Member

OK, I'm a long time 1Password user but I have only just started trying out the Families feature.

I have followed the guides and successfully moved all my data into my Family vaults, so far so good.

On my iOS devices I was still seeing my Primary vault in the dropdown vaults lists even though it was now empty.
I saw people mentioning here that you could start over and just sign into your Family account and it would then only list your Family vaults, which sounded cleaner so I just tried it, but I am still seeing an empty Primary vault listed just above my Family vaults.
Is this normal behaviour?
Is it really not possible to remove the Primary vault if you only want to use Family vaults?

Also, since I deleted the app and re-installed it, I now see my iPhone listed twice in my Authorized Devices page on the website. Any way to clean that up? Can't it recognise that the app is on a device that it has already seen? Same thing happened when I tried the same procedure on my iPad.

Just curious if I'm doing it right.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited April 2016

Hi, @charles_gamble, and welcome to our forum!

I saw people mentioning here that you could start over and just sign into your Family account and it would then only list your Family vaults, which sounded cleaner so I just tried it, but I am still seeing an empty Primary vault listed just above my Family vaults.

It's not possible to remove the Primary vault on iOS just yet, but it's a feature we're working on for an upcoming update. It is possible to remove the Primary vault by starting over on the Mac, so that is probably what you saw people talking about.

Also, since I deleted the app and re-installed it, I now see my iPhone listed twice in my Authorized Devices page on the website. Any way to clean that up? Can't it recognise that the app is on a device that it has already seen?

Removing authorized devices is another feature we are currently working on. It's a little more complicated than just removing the item from the list on the site. When you delete and reinstall 1Password on your iOS device, there isn't any way for us to use the same device identifier that we were using before. The device identifier gets deleted with the app.

You should see an option within the next month or so to deauthorize a device listed on your profile. For right now, though, you're doing everything right and there's nothing to worry about. :)

• charles_gamble
    charles_gamble
    Community Member

Hi @rob,

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll try the reset on my Mac this weekend, and I'll keep an eye out for the new features.

• You're very welcome! :)

• natehouk
    natehouk
    Community Member

+1

How do you remove authorized devices...

• @natehouk

Rob answered that question here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/293831/#Comment_293831

At present there is no option to remove an authorized device.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.