Problems install on Android

Options
nonothing
nonothing
Community Member

I am running 1P version 6.1 on a Macbook Air with El Capitan with no problems. I think I am synced with dropbox?

I want to install 1P on my new Samsung Tab S2 8.0.

I have downloaded the app and I have followed all the instructions, trying both WiFi and Dropbox to get sync with my vault, both ways have failed.

I have followed the troubleshooting tips, I think and all looked ok however in the dropbox folder all I can find is this . . 1Password.opvault I cannot find . . . 1Password.agilekeychain

I don't have much hair left and am starting to tear the rest out.

I really want to have you wonderful product on the tablet, can you help please?

All the best

Bob Goodson

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am running 1P version 6.1 on a Macbook Air with El Capitan with no problems. I think I am synced with dropbox?

@nonothing: The best thing to do is check. You can verify this in 1Password Preferences > Sync. It will also include the path to the vault in Dropbox, if applicable, which will be important for setting it up on Android as well. Let me know what you find!

I have downloaded the app and I have followed all the instructions, trying both WiFi and Dropbox to get sync with my vault, both ways have failed.

I'm not clear on what exactly is happening here. Are you getting some sort of error when you try to setup sync?

I have followed the troubleshooting tips, I think and all looked ok however in the dropbox folder all I can find is this . . 1Password.opvault I cannot find . . . 1Password.agilekeychain

I think this may be the problem. 1Password for Android does not yet support the OPVault format. If everything else checks out, you can use the AgileKeychain format instead to sync between your Mac and Android device using Dropbox:

1. Launch 1Password for Mac
    2. Under Help > Tools, uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync (this will let you create the .agilekeychain instead)
    3. Disable sync
    4. Set up sync, and an .agilekeychain will be created from the internal database in 1Password for Mac

Then you can setup 1Password for Android to use this same vault and you'll be all set. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• nonothing
    nonothing
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

You were absolutely right it was the . . .OPVault format , , that was the problem. I did as you said and the application is now fine on the tablet having used .agilekeychain.

There was no error message as such but were it offered the choice of of using Dropbox, iCloud, Folder etc to get the info from they all failed but the as you said Android doesn't support that format, I would never have found that out on my Mac

On my Mac once the app was opened using it was simple cmd+\ and it filled in the password but do I set that up( or similar) on Android?

Are there any videos?

Thanks you so much for getting me this far

All the best

Bob

• nonothing
    nonothing
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've sort of got it working but "autofilling" isn't working and must I use that keyboard

All the best

Bob

• peri
    Options

Hi @nonothing. I'm glad to hear that Brenty was able to help you get your devices syncing! :)

As to filing, there are two ways to go about it on Android. First is the 1Password keyboard and accessibility service, which will allow you to automatically fill into most apps. You mentioned that this isn't working. Can you let me know what the problems seems to be there?

The other method of filling is to simply tap on the URL for a Login item saved in your 1Password vault. This will open the URL in 1Password's built-in 1Browser and automatically fill your data for you.

Let me know what trouble you're having with the keyboard! I'll be happy to help get filling working for you. :)

• nonothing
    nonothing
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Well the auto fill using 1P keyboard is now for some reason working but s I prefer to use Swift keyboard I will use the other option you suggested which works fine.

Not sure what it is about 1P keyboard maybe its the layout and I cant see anyway to change the settings.

But everything now works and I would like to say thank you to everyone for their help.

I have looked at almost all the password managers I could find and this is the best.

all the best

Bob

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Peri, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. Perhaps we'll be able to expand our keyboard support in a future version.

It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.