synchronising my wife iphone ios 7.1.2 with 1psw families

Options
alain_h
alain_h
Community Member

I have succesfully installed 1 password families (on my devices) and on my wife Mac and Iphone. But the vaults on her Iphone are empty. I guess I understand it's because shes has an older verison of IOS and hence of 1 psw What's the best way then to synchornize her Iphone 1psw? Thx for help
AH

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:synchronising my wife iphone ios 7.1.2 with 1psw families

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @alain_h,

I don't believe there is a good answer here I'm afraid. 1Password 6 for iOS requires iOS 9 and 1Password Families requires 1Password 6 for iOS, it's the earliest version with support for our new Teams/Families model.

Is it the case that iOS 7 is the latest version of iOS supported by this iPhone or is it that there's just never been a need or desire to upgrade the iOS operating system until now?

If your wife synchronises her iPhone with her Mac via iTunes then when the iPhone is plugged into the Mac iTunes will connect to one of Apple's servers and tell you if there is an update to iOS available. If she doesn't normally synchronise this way then on the iPhone itself you should be able to go to Settings > General > Software Update and iOS will say if you're running the latest supported version of iOS for this device. I confess I haven't seen iOS 7 in a while now so I believe where to look hasn't changed but I can't say for certain.

• alain_h
    alain_h
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually my wife's Iphone already carries the latest version of IOS allowed for her model i.e. IOS7.

• Jacob
    Options

@alain_h Well I'm sorry to hear that. 1Password 6 for iOS can only run on iOS 9 and newer because there are some new technologies in that OS we're making use of. Just out of curiosity, what iPhone do you have? You may have an upgrade to a new device by now, and if you've been waiting for a smaller one, the iPhone SE is fantastic (according to my one friend who sold his 6 for it ;) ).

• alain_h
    alain_h
    Community Member
    Options

My wife has a 4. I have a 6.

• Jacob
    Options

@alain_h Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, Families isn't supported on that device, as I'm sure you already noticed. If you need to share things with your wife and she isn't planning to get a new iPhone anytime soon, I'd recommend using Dropbox instead.

This discussion has been closed.