Sharing to Personal Family

drguitarum2005
drguitarum2005
Community Member

I recently switched from my single account to the new families account. I'm attempting to move my 25 saved passwords to the new family but 4 of them error and say "no corresponding template". What does that mean and what can I do about it? I don't want to delete those as they have 1password-generated passwords on them.
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @drguitarum2005

Thanks for taking the time to write in. What kind of items are these (what category are they in)?

Ben

• drguitarum2005
    drguitarum2005
    Community Member

They are website logins. After further inspection it seems I can remove those without causing too much trouble. My problem now is I accidentally shared those 21 a second time to my new family account and that caused duplicates on my family website. I deleted the duplicates and now the Windows 10 beta app shows no passwords or any records at all. They're somehow out of sync...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drguitarum2005,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty getting your 1Password Families account sorted. Could you tell me a bit more about your 1Password set up?

For example: are you using the web interface or the 1Password app to move your data - if you're using an app, which platform are you using it on? The more we know, the more quickly we'll be able to determine where things are getting tangled up.

• drguitarum2005
    drguitarum2005
    Community Member

I think I was able to figure it out. I ultimately will delete the 2 vaults I had prior to going to "Family" but I want to make sure I won't lose anything by doing that. I've been reading a lot in the forum and am disappointed to find that there is basically no solution for using my new families account with Google Chrome in Windows 10 which I have on 2 devices at home. The 1Password 4 app is the only thing that allows Chrome to work but it doesn't support families. It makes 1Password essentially useless because my only workaround is to copy and paste passwords from the app into a form in Google.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drguitarum2005,

I sincerely apologize for the frustration here. I can tell you that our development team is working to get 1Password for Teams and 1Password Families support added to Windows just as soon as possible, but I can't give you much more detail than that. I know that copying and pasting information isn't nearly as smooth of a process as you're used to with 1Password.

Please stay tuned to our blog, we'll be sure to announce when 1Password for Windows is available with full Teams and Families support. :)

This discussion has been closed.