Team Member Access [providing additional help through email]

Options
publish
publish
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Business and Teams

What are the steps for giving team members access to a vault? Is there a tutorial I can send them?

I gave access to a vault to a team member and she says she can't see the vault in her account.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@publish: Without knowing the OS, 1Password, and browser versions they're using and the exact steps taken, it's hard to say what might be going wrong.

However, the simplest way to see the vaults you have access to is by logging in to your 1Password Teams web interface. There on the main screen you'll have Personal, Shared, and any other vaults that have been shared with you specifically.

To share a vault, all you need to do is go to Admin Console > Vaults > (vault name) and then give them permission to access it. Then the next time they login it will show up with the rest of their vaults.

I hope this helps. be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• publish
    publish
    Community Member
    Options

If they use the apps, does it automatically sync with the teams vaults?

• publish
    publish
    Community Member
    Options

So when I give them permission to access a vault and they are a NEW user, what do they need to do in order to use the browser extension, etc.?

• publish
    publish
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

My team member has Windows 8 so it looks like she can only use the web interface for Teams. How does she login to the sites using the web interface?

I've given her read-only access (without access to reveal passwords or see the history)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If they use the apps, does it automatically sync with the teams vaults?

@publish: Currently 1Password Teams is support in the OS X, iOS, Android, and Windows 10 apps. All you do is login to the account on each device and your vaults will be available.

So when I give them permission to access a vault and they are a NEW user, what do they need to do in order to use the browser extension, etc.?
    My team member has Windows 8 so it looks like she can only use the web interface for Teams. How does she login to the sites using the web interface?
    I've given her read-only access (without access to reveal passwords or see the history)

It isn't currently possible for the 1Password Teams web interface to fill login credentials, but it's something I hope we can do someday. In the mean time, the only option is to copy and paste login credentials from the web interface to login to websites. We are, however, working on a 1Password Teams solution for Windows 7 and 8, though I can't say for certain when it will be ready.

• publish
    publish
    Community Member
    Options

The copy/paste option doesn't work with read only when I haven't given them permission to reveal the password.

Are there any other workarounds for Windows 8 users without having to give them the ability to reveal all my passwords?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @publish,

It looks like Henry is also working with you via email. To avoid a duplication of efforts, we'll continue the conversation there. But to answer your question: at the moment, no, unfortunately at the moment we do not have Teams compatible browser extensions for Windows. That is something we're working on.

You may want to read about the security of the "reveal passwords" permission as well. It should not be relied on in place of good termination procedures. It prevents casual snooping, but anyone determined will be able to determine what the passwords are for any accounts they have access to (even if that access is only read-only and without "reveal passwords"). This is true with any password manager. The weakness is that the details can be pulled back out of the web form that they are filled into. We have posts about that here:

can I share a password without exposing it? - AgileBits Support Forum

And here:

Share password without showing password - AgileBits Support Forum

Thanks!

Ben

ref: YSB-54364-643, ik-314

This discussion has been closed.