Beta expiration

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Says my trial has ended.

Comments

• Nat Childs
    Nat Childs
    Community Member
    Options

I have a beta version of 1Password on my Galaxy S5 but it says it has expired. What do I have to do to re-activate it?

• peri
    Options

Hi @Nat Childs. Thanks for getting in touch with us. 1Password beta needs to be updated regularly for you to retain access to your data.

Are you currently syncing with Dropbox or local storage, or do you have your 1Password vault saved on another device? We'll need to uninstall the expired version and install the latest version from Google Play, but first let's make sure your data is safe somewhere. :)

Let me know!

• Nat Childs
    Nat Childs
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, syncing with dropbox. I don't use 1Password on my phone very often -- tried yesterday and got that message. Ready to try whatever you suggest!

• saad
    Options

It sounds like you might still be using the beta from HockeyApp. We made the switch to Google Play for distributing betas a few months ago.

Since your beta has expired, you will need to change your device’s date to any day in January 2016. You can do so by going into Settings > Date & Time. Then launch 1Password and tap on Sync in the overflow button (3 vertical dots) on the action bar on the top right.

Once everything has synced to Dropbox, uninstall 1Password and follow these instructions to get onto the new beta:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/56932/welcome-to-1password-6-for-android

• Nat Childs
    Nat Childs
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. I changed the date and 1Password worked -- but immediately comes up with a sync error. Dropbox on my computer says it's up to date. ??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nat Childs: Ah, that makes sense. Dropbox is probably complaining that your devices are so far out of sync, time-wise. The best thing to do would be to either use the stable version of 1Password for Android, or sign up for the current beta. Either way, you can then set your time correctly and also get the latest updates:

1Password beta (Android)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.