Sync with Android

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Android refusing to sync.

Comments

• adam_b
    adam_b
    Community Member
    Options

I think the same thing happened to me.

Steps I took:
    0. Was using AgileKeychain + Dropbox sync between all my devices, particularly my Samsung S6 Edge (running latest available Android, Dropbox and 1Password). Also latest available 1Password version on Macbook.
    1. Changed a password on my Macbook
    2. Expected the password to have synced to my S6 Edge (it hadn't)
    3. Went to Macbook 1Password preferences. Completely misunderstood what I saw there, which was that it appeared that Dropbox sync was not set up. I then selected my Primary vault, and went through the process of selecting a Dropbox folder. Of course, I selected the existing one which was AgileKeychain. A new opvault folder was created in that folder.
    4. Went back to the S6, checked to see if Dropbox had synched anything, and noticed the opvault folder had been added.
    5. Un-synced 1Password on the S6 Edge, then attempted to re-sync. Tried selecting the opvault folder, didn't work (obviously).
    6. Just spent another 40 minutes uninstalling and reinstalling software on the S6 Edge, clearing data caches, etc. etc., only to discover that the OpVault feature is the whole problem now.

Questions:
    a. Please Upvote OP Vault Android Dropbox sync!!!!!
    b. Please give us some idea of where this feature is in your roadmap? At least for Android Lollipop or Marshmallow? (unfortunately, my S6 Edge doesn't yet have Marshmallow available, but I totally get that you could just release for that first).

• adam_b
    adam_b
    Community Member
    Options

PS. Have successfully synced using the WiFi method, but there will obviously come a time when I'm on the road and my phone hasn't yet caught up with the laptop, which will not be with me at the time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE prioritise this feature!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adam_b: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion since the other was about accessing 1Password Families, rather than local Wi-Fi Sync or Dropbox/OPVault sync.

You'll be happy to know that OPVault support is included in the latest 1Password for Android beta. You're welcome to participate in the beta too if you wish! Since it's in testing, there's no guarantee if and when it will receive a stable release, but provided all goes well it should just be a matter of time.

However, you can also easily switch to the AgileKeychain format if you 'd like to sync using Dropbox for the time being:

1. Launch 1Password for Mac
    2. Under Help > Tools, uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync (this will let you create the .agilekeychain instead)
    3. Disable sync
    4. Set up sync, and an .agilekeychain will be created from the internal database in 1Password for Mac

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.