When I "copy" a login from 1 vault to another, do the passwords stay synced?

Options

Using 1Pass for Teams on Mac. So we have a bunch of different Vaults, and plenty of logins exist in more than 1 vault.

So when I "copy" a login from Vault A to Vault B, then down the road I change the password to this login inside of Vault A. Does the password for this login in Vault B stay synced? Or do I have to update the password in multiple vaults?

Hope that makes sense.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb-search:teams, kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb-search:teams, kb:sync-options

Comments

• Hey @scott_samcart

When you copy a Login from one vault to another, it makes a duplicate of that Login item in the second vault. The two copies however, are separate from each other and updating one will not update the other. We've been looking at the possibility of providing an item share capability in the future which would keep those item copies in sync, which is what I think you are looking for here.

• scott_samcart
    scott_samcart
    Community Member
    Options

Ya that would be great. Thanks for the quick reply!

We can deal with the current setup just fine, and definitely would be in favor of keeping items in sync. Consider this our vote! Thanks again.

• Jacob
    Options

@scott_samcart Thanks for casting your vote. :) I've added it. I'm glad to hear the current setup is working fine. Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

ref: B5-1162

This discussion has been closed.