Automatic matching to URL-postfixes

Options

Hello.

I have a couple of domains where I need to use different logins depending on the postfix of the URL:

www.domain.com/foo -> login1
www.domain.com/bar -> login2
... etc.

I have set the exact URLs for the exact login spaces in all respective login items. Nevertheless, if I go to any of those URLs and then hit the magic key combination 1password shows me the list of all logins for the entire domain instead of just applying the right one. Why is that and can I change this?

1Password Version: 6.3 beta 2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @ericb80. Right now, 1Password only matches your logins at the subdomain level and does not take into account the URL path. So, if those logins were on separate subdomains like foo.domain.com and bar.domain.com it would properly locate the better login when viewing the respective sites.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• ericb80
    ericb80
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jxpx777

Thanks for the response. I guess I previously misunderstood the current implementation. Thanks for clarifying. Is this something you guys can implement? To me it looks like it would be a simple change.

Cheers,
    Eric

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, Eric. Honestly, the current implementation causes so much confusion, even inside our own team, that we're reticent to extend this capability any further. (For anyone that remembers the red, three-level "match meter" in 1Password 2… yikes, what a confusing mess!) We'll keep having the discussion from time to time, but right now, there are much more important issues for us to tackle that are much less prone to getting wrong.

This discussion has been closed.