Duration of Early Adaptor benefits?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

The coolest thing about Earl is he and his bonuses stay with your account for as long as you are subscribed!

Does this mean that if I temporarily stop paying I will immediately loose all Early Adaptor benefits?

And won't get them back when I later start paying again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dahanbn,

I apologize for the conflicting statements. I've just received confirmation that these statements reflect the current workings:

regarding the early adopter bonus, it will indeed be lost if the subscription lapses.

And

After adding your credit card you will earn a very special badge named Earl! Earl is our Early Adopter Otter and those who earn this badge receive twice the storage and can have up to 7 Family members instead of 5.

That said we're still very early on in the lifecycle of 1Password for Families and as such this may be something we can consider changing in the future.

Again my apologies for the confusion internally that caused conflicting statements to be released.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the answer, even though it is not what was I hoping for and unfortunately yet another disappointment regarding the (introduction of the) Families plan for me. I think most of these downers could have been prevented if the communication had been more clear upfront (setting proper expectations).

I still love the product 1Password though (and have a few nights left to sleep on the Family plan...)

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

@ben .. This makes total sense to me .. The incentives for Early Adoption are just that .. Something extra for putting up with the initial pain of a new product. Family makes sense for me now (relaying a 20 character randomly generated password to my daughter and listening to her complaints is reason enough for me to get on board so I can share passwords with her) and I know it will only get better in the future

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, @rr0ss0rr. Yes, indeed. We certainly appreciate everyone's patience while working out all of the details.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

@XIII You're very welcome. I'm sorry it was not the answer you were hoping for.

@dahanbn Sometimes things change between point A and point B. I realize that is not ideal, and we try to keep those kinds of changes to a minimum. But it is a brand new service. Things are bound to change. Also it is possible for things to be misinterpreted even internally. We're all humans. Miscommunication is bound to happen. The best we can do is clarify when it does, and try to learn from the mistake.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.