Fingerprint unavailable

Options
Mndavec
Mndavec
Community Member

I'm on a galaxy s7 and I've been really excited to use fingerprint, however I frequently get an error fingerprint unavailable and have to re-enable fingerprint. This is really frustrating.

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @Mndavec. This is a known issue with the Samsung Galaxy S7 at the moment. It seems that when you tap the Home button while the Fingerprint Unlock screen is loading, it disables Fingerprint Unlock on these devices. In the meantime, I recommend letting the Fingerprint Unlock screen fully load before tapping away using the Home button.

I'll go ahead and forward your feedback regarding this issue to the team. Let us know if you need anything else!
    ref: OPA-844

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

@peri I've been running into the same issue on an S7 edge and just wanted to say thanks for providing this explanation.

• peri
    Options

No problem at all, @zendnez! I'm glad I could help. :)

• mkubota1
    mkubota1
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here on S7. Your explanation seems to work- just make sure to hold the button down. But it would be nice to fix this issue. Thanks for the help! =)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure we can stop tapping the home button from dismissing it, but we'll see if there's something else we can do to improve the experience. Cheers! :)

• jjorge002
    jjorge002
    Community Member
    Options

I've just spent money on you application for the PC just because of the android finger functionality.

I do not understand if the problem is the same I have but in my note 5 if I put the phone to sleep and when I open the phone and call the 1password application the fingerprint window is there, then when I put my finger on the home button it says

Fingerprint Unavailable

Figerprint Unlock is currently unavailable. To continue...

I can wait a minute and it still does not works.

So it is not a temporary problem it is really there.

Just fix it!

JC

• saad
    Options

Thank you for your support of 1Password. I am very sorry to hear Fingerprint Unlock is not working on your Galaxy Note 5. :(

What happens if you disable and re-enable Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password’s Settings > Security? Does this issue go away? Does the issue reappear immediately after your device is put to sleep?

Looking forward to hearing what you find out!

This discussion has been closed.