Educational pricing?

nisgk
nisgk
Community Member

We're looking into using Teams at our school, but there is no way we would be able to pay $4.99 per user per month. Have you thought about educational pricing for schools? Maybe a set fee for a school site license or a tiered plan that's similar to Families (ex: $5/month/up to 5 users, $10/month/up to 10 users, etc)? We currently use a competitor which offers 15 users for $4/month which is more in our price range, but as a personal user of 1Password who knows its benefits, I would love to see it used school-wide.

Thanks for considering this if you already haven't.
Best regards,
Gary

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nisgk! That's something we'll be looking into a bit later down the road. I suspect we will do something similar for non-profits as well. Pricing is important and we will be being more explicit about it in the future, but for now we’re focused on polishing the existing user experience in 1Password for Teams, as well as adding a few special features that we think you’ll like. :) Feel free to sign up and give it a try — it's free while in beta. I'd love to hear what you think of it in addition to the 1Password app you're currently using and whether it will fit your school well.

• nisgk
    nisgk
    Community Member

Do you think you'll have pricing set before the beta ends? I don't want to start using it and get people's hopes up just to tell them that we can't use it. I know it's probably hard for you to decide costs now, but if you can at least say that educational/non-profit pricing will be similar to Families, then I would feel comfortable trying it.

• @nisgk Absolutely. We just don't have public details on when the beta will end. I know what you mean, though. No problem at all. Please keep an eye on our blog and newsletter for updates on pricing. We should have some very soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.