Migrating from Android to families account website

Options
Cait
Cait
Community Member

Is this possible, or only supported by Mac? I would hate to have to re-build my vault on the family website...

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @Cait! 1Password for Families is supported on Android, but there are a few steps required to get it working. You will first need to create a vault by selecting Create Your First Vault on the setup screen.

Then go into Settings, tap on 1Password for Teams and use the QR scanner to scan the QR code on your Emergency Kit. Let us know if you are able to get your family account working on Android!

• Cait
    Cait
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @saad ! I already got my vault working on my Android. That's where I've been building my vault. But when I log into my family account on the website my personal vault is empty.

Apologies if I am missing something simple??

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Cait. It sounds like you've created a Primary local vault, which contains all of your data. It's not yet possible to migrate data from local vaults to 1Password accounts on Android at the moment, so we'll need to use another device. Do you have access to a Mac or PC, and if so, does it have 1Password installed?

• Cait
    Cait
    Community Member
    Options

Ah that's what I thought. I can install it on my PC, but haven't yet. Once I do, can I then sync my Droid vault to it, then in turn to the website?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cait: If you're using Windows 10, just signup for 1Password Families, install the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app, and you can login to your new 1Password account and also add a vault from Dropbox. That way you can copy the data over to your 1Password Families vaults. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Cait
    Cait
    Community Member
    Options

Oh boy you guys, new problem: I installed the Windows app on my laptop successfully, also successfully synced my Primary vault from Dropbox onot the Windows app. However, when I try to sync the same vault in Dropbox to my Personal vault (via Windows), the whole program just closes.

I know it's still in Beta, but.. any fixes?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

However, when I try to sync the same vault in Dropbox to my Personal vault (via Windows), the whole program just closes.

@Cait: Can you elaborate? What are the exact steps you're taking, and what's happening for you? Are you receiving some sort of error? Also, make sure you check for updates in the Windows Store to get the latest beta. Please let me know what you find! :)

This discussion has been closed.