Good Password Won't Work on Galaxy S6

Options
lzitko
lzitko
Community Member

I have 1Password Version 4.6.0.604 on a Windows 7 PC and version 6.2.1 on my Galaxy 6. Password opens 1P on PC. Copied (synced) 1Passwod.agilekeychain via USB cable from PC to a new folder named "1Password" on local storage on Galaxy 6. Told 1P to use this existing vault, but can't get past the password screen. Pops up some brief message that says "Please report this error so that...." Tried multiple times, being careful that the password was typed correctly.

I've been using 1P for years, and would really like to have my favorite password manager working on my Android phone. Can you help please?

I have read your other similar posts but nothing helped.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Local Storage USB

Comments

• peri
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @lzitko. It sounds like the encryptionKeys.js file didn't properly transfer when you moved your .agilekeychain onto your Android's local storage. I'd like you use a file browser to navigate to /1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/. Do you see a file there called encryptionKeys.js?

If you don't see this file on Android, I'd like you to check if it exists in the same location in your vault folder on Windows. If you don't see it there, launch 1Password and select File > Repair 1Password Vault on your Windows computer. Do you see the encryptionKeys.js file after?

• lzitko
    lzitko
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri. That was it. During the original USB transfer it popped up messages asking if I wanted to copy some .js files, stating they might not work on the phone, and I said no. Now I have gone back and moved them over also. I can now enter my password and unlock 1P on the Galaxy. Thanks for the excellent tech support!

• peri
    Options

That's good to hear, @lzitko. :) I'm glad I was able to help.

Let us know if you need anything else in the future!

This discussion has been closed.